Our client is a worldwide leader in civil construction. We have been engaged to conduct a search for a Carpentry Foreman working in the greater Raleigh/Durham, NC area.
The Foreman’s position will be required to monitor and direct a group of employees to effectively complete designated operations. He/ She will be responsible for utilizing the resources provided to achieve goals set forth by the overall project schedule. The foreman will report to the Structures Superintendent and will manage bridge construction operations.
- Supervise crew of 4-8 carpenters/labors to complete delegated tasks in a timely manner
- Supervise subcontractors affiliated to the respected work area and ensuring their conformance with construction specifications and plans
- Organize and coordinate subcontractor activities as directed by the Superintendent
- Inspect work sites to ensure safety of workers
- Monitor work progress of employees
- Assist the Superintendent in preparing reports pertaining to schedule, work progress and safety
- Procurement of tools and materials to be delivered at specified times to conform to work schedules.
- Confers with supervisory and engineering personnel, inspectors, and suppliers to resolve construction problems and improve construction methods
- Inspects work in progress to ensure that workmanship conforms to specifications and the adherence to construction schedules.
- Attend coordination and production meetings with the PM to develop activities and amend possible problems related to structures
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a construction supervisory role
- Must have thorough knowledge and working experience of NCDOT standards and regulations
- Must be able to read and interpret structure and bridge plans
- Must have prior structure and bridge construction experience. Bridge rehabilitation and/or widening experience is strongly preferred
- Must be able to communicate effectively with workers and subcontractors
- Strongly prefer bilingual candidates (English and Spanish)
- Must be able to work overtime and be flexible with hours (day/night/weekend)
- Must be able to work in a team environment and must work well under pressure
- Must be accustomed to working in an outside environment
- Must posses a valid driver license and have a clean driving record