Our client is a worldwide leader in civil construction. We have been engaged to conduct a search for a Senior Project Manager / Operations Manager working in the greater New York/NJ area.
**CONSTRUCTION, CIVIL ENGINEERING AND/OR HEAVY CIVIL EXPERIENCE ONLY**
Plans, directs, and coordinates engineering and scheduling activities of designated projects to ensure that goals or objectives of project are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors; typically works on large scale projects.
The employee would start with two major regional projects in the area and adding coordination between additional projects that are successfully let in the region to develop as an Operations Manager. Strong involvement in the Business development plan of the Company for the region with major stakeholders and potential DB Teams.
- Manage professional staff responsible for design and project construction
- Support on the direction and coordination of activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget
- Responsible for Owner relationships for the project and attending the coordination meetings
- Seeking engagement from the committed Subcontractors and suppliers and supporting the resources and recruitment efforts for the projects
- Coordination of craft labor and equipment availability between projects and equipment management
- Regional support for upcoming major projects to establish DB Teams and relations with Major Stake holders
- Ensure procedures and Spec Compliance in North Carolina
- Assist subordinate supervisors in maintaining production on budget and schedule
- Review project estimate or plan to determine schedule, estimated job cost, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of project
- Understand project documents i.e.: completeness or inadequacies
- Anticipate project needs with sufficient lead-time to avoid delay of production
- Establishes work plan and staffing for each phase of project, work closely with Human Resources in recruitment efforts as necessary
- Oversees coordination with project staff to outline work plans, assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority
- Review status and modify schedules or plans as required and prepares project reports for management, owners, and subcontractors
- Follow-up on directives to be continuously on the alert for situations that are not progressing productively and for opportunities to improve project performance
- Confer with project personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems
- Work closely with Company employees, project supervisors, owners, external teams and support people to get commitments regarding PM's managerial and supervisory requests
- Provide positive safety leadership to the project
- Review field operation and ensure that the project provides a safe workplace
- Coordinate the preparation and updating of the formal project construction schedule as required by the contract documents
- Coordinate resource use with Deputy project manager and Project Superintendent; for example, craft assignment, crew sizes and project layout for offices, traffic flow, and material storage
- Responsible for claims management and documentation
- Coordinate material purchases, assure that subcontractor agreements are prepared and change orders are accurate and issued to owners, subcontractors and suppliers
- Develop, maintain business relationships and manage subcontractor, client/owner, engineers, JV partner(s) and unions if applicable
- Maintain relationships with contracting agencies, executive management
- Participate in project presentations to elected officials, general public and other stake holders
- Responsible for project closeout. Secure loose ends by finishing paperwork, obtaining retainages, supporting supervisors and expediting claims
- Debriefing of project to review all positive and negative aspects after completion
- Able to confidently negotiate any & all matters on behalf of the JV as they relate to cost, schedule & contract matters with Owner/Sub suppliers
- Knowledge and understanding of local union or prevailing wage rules
- Perform additional assignments per management’s direction
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field from an accredited four-year college or university, Civil Engineering or Construction Management preferred
- Ten (10) or more years of related experience; construction and management experienced required
- Federal, state and local knowledge and experience
- Knowledge and experience with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge with Primavera P6 Scheduling Software is a plus
- Communication – excellent oral presentation and written skills. Able to understand the Owner’s concerns and transfer them to all the field levels so that they are addressed in a timely manner.
- Goal oriented – able to set goals and achieve them
- Interpersonal – able to work well and persuade people at all organization levels
- Organizational ability – able to plan, prioritize, organize and monitor activities and projects. Able to work well in a group environment and foster a team approach.
- Leadership skills – able to engage additional partners, employees and Subcontractors to work coordinated and as a team.