Human Resources Manager
This position will be located in Elk Grove, CA. Ability to travel between Sacramento, CA and Calaveras project location on an as needed basis (95% in Sacramento, 5% in Calaveras)
The HR Manager will be responsible for the development and execution of HR initiatives for the California Calaveras Dam project in support of key organizational and management challenges required to achieve the business goals and objectives. Responsible for EEO compliance, employee relations issues, training and development needs and talent acquisition and retention.
- Responsible for employee relations; handles employee relations counseling, provides advice, counsel and guidance on employee issues.
- Responsible for reviewing 90-day new hire follow-up and exit interviews.
- Stays current and maintains compliance on recent federal & California labor law changes and monitors labor law updates for changes that affect HR.
- Responsible for the management of the recruitment process for all open positions.
- Works closely with management to design, implement and execute strategies to recruit talent.
- Works closely with management to assess and evaluate staffing needs and provides recommendations and guidance all employee compensation issues.
- Builds and maintains relationships and strong communication with management regarding search activities, support and closure.
- Responsible for organization review/job evaluation, candidate screening, selection, offer and close processes.
- Develops and manages numerous strategic sources for recruiting the highest caliber and most qualified candidates including employee referrals, external research, internet and contingency firms.
- Communicates and implements company policies regarding all employee issues.
- Administers the EEO Program for the project.
- Assure EEO program is in compliance with EEO laws and regulations.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR/SPHR) certification a plus.
- Five or more years of Human Resources experience.
- Strong business acumen and experience working within heavy civil construction industry.
- Strong computer skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and familiarity with HRIS systems.
- Well developed written presentation, organization, and editing skills.
- Strong negotiation skills and customer service skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work in high pressure environment.
- Strong organizational skills and very detail oriented.
- Proactive and solution oriented.
- Must demonstrate exceptional judgment, discretion and professional courtesy.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, and a high degree of confidentiality.