The Party Chief / Surveyor will be responsible for the project’s total survey needs.
- Establishes and monitors construction layout for both temporary and permanent work elements
- Fully utilizes survey equipment, software and survey systems in performing and managing project surveying for the construction of the project
- Works with engineering and construction operations to establish survey needs
- Coordinate with field crews and Survey Manager to support field operations
- Find potential issues ahead of time and be able to problem solve
- Ability to work under pressure and coordinate numerous activities and groups of people who need to cooperate to achieve maximum efficiency
- Executes additional duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Minimum 8 years of relevant work experience
- Ability to communicate with a vast range of support entities including Engineers, Superintendents, and Inspectors
- Possess strong problem solving abilities to address and solve survey challenges associated with construction operations
- Ability to read and interpret construction drawings and specifications and translate into survey data for layout in the field
- Good attention to detail with the ability to recognize discrepancies
- Strong AutoCAD and Microstation skills
- Survey experience on transportation projects, including both bridges and roads. NCDOT experience is a plus
- While performing essential job functions, the employee is required to frequently inspect and run field survey operations, and will be exposed to ongoing construction. Ability to access all areas of a jobsite is required for the position.
- Knowledge and experience with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Goal oriented – able to set goals and achieve them
- Interpersonal – able to work well and persuade people at all organization levels
- Organizational ability – able to plan, prioritize, organize and monitor activities and projects. Able to work well in a group environment and foster a team approach.
- Ability to work nighttime operations and/or weekend operations, if necessary