We are conducting a search for a Director of Business Intelligence for a fantastic, growing retailer in South Central New Jersey. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to own build and manage their own team and having an impact on the business.
Director BI & Business Solutions Delivery
As a key member of IT leadership, the Director of BI and Delivery will be involved in many cross functional projects that will leverage their technical expertise and experience to define and execute enterprise solutions. The role is responsible for the continued development of Spencer’s Business Intelligence capability. This role is critical to the success of several enterprise programs and will require considerable Business Intelligence, reporting, and enterprise data. The role also has responsibility for the Project Management office team and projects in a retail environment the successful candidate will strongly partner with key business stakeholders to assist them in the successful implementation and utilization of IS Solutions through successful projects and consistent measurements of business improvement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
include the following:
- Manages and supports, through continuous improvement, the Business Intelligence functions, the BI team, external vendors and is a leader in the utilization of standard data and reporting across the enterprise.
- Supports the BI team’s technical and functional initiatives by ensuring resource and budget allocation.
- Ensures the appropriate incorporation of BI metrics for all new projects.
- Participates in IT strategy planning, bringing their expertise to all discussion and directions of IT and business initiatives.
- Focuses on continual development of team members through staff development, succession planning and coaching/mentoring.
- Responsible for the overall effectiveness of the program and project methodologies and their continued maturation within the Project Management team and function.
- Establishes metrics, key performance indicators and service level agreements for driving the performance of IT projects.
- Foster an environment that generates breakthrough ideas and execute them effectively in partnership with internal IT resources, business partners as well as outside vendors.
- 5+ years of related BI development, integration or implementation work.
- 3+ years of experience in direct project management activity.
- Experience managing teams of more than 10 with multiple direct reports.
- Must possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with a proven track record of executing calmly against tough deadlines.
- Experience in the retail, or comparative industry, with direct experience in at least one key system (POS, Merch Management, WMS, Supply Chain, Financials, Merch Management System or eComm) integration/implementation.
- Must demonstrate an ability to establish relationships and build rapport in order to influence colleagues at all levels, uncover business or technical issues, and facilitate their resolution.
- Bachelors and/or master’s degree in computer science, Information Systems, Business Administration or equivalent experience.
- Experience with PCI, SOX and other compliance standards.
Comfortable with team dynamics and openly seeks and shares information across teams and departments, coordinating and combining competencies for the best overall result.
Excels in verbal and written communication; leads and inspires the team via open communication, effective listening, and strong collaborative networks; has excellent negotiation skills and has an ability to orchestrate change through influence.
Identifies bottlenecks and pain points and directs resources to address the challenges in a directed, methodical, cost-effective, and data-driven manner; leverages analytical experience to build a road map to meet the needs of the stakeholders.
Works effectively in the face of stress, ambiguity, difficult situations, and shifting priorities all while championing the long-term architectural view; understands the need to shift focus and priorities as required and successfully leads others through periods of change.
Considers and implements novel approaches to tackle new issues/challenges in an aggressive manner; encourages the team to take advantage of self-directed learning opportunities
If you would consider making a change, please submit your resume in confidence for immediate consideration.