Senior Manager of Benefits and Rewards
We are conducting a search for a Senior Manager of Benefits for a global civil construction firm to manage the administration of employee benefits, wellness, compensation and relocation functions. Plans, develops and implements new and revised employee benefits, policies, procedures, compensation and relocation programs, in order to be responsive to the company's goals and competitive practices. This role reports to the SVP of Human Resources and will be immersed in all employee-related benefits, primarily for U.S. benefit plans, and assist with the execution of our global benefit programs. The successful candidate must be a team player who is able to manage multiple priorities at once. The position is located in the Corporate Headquarters in New York City.
- Manages and administers employee benefits programs including but not limited to 401(k), medical & dental plans; term life insurance plans; temporary disability programs; accidental death policies, etc.
- Manages the early stage of the relocation by providing expatriates, transferees, new hires and their family’s information about the relocation process and the destination location.
- Becomes the primary contact for all issues related to expatriates.
- Manages and oversees the temporary housing for expatriates and locals when necessary.
- Identifies areas for improvement, conducts employee surveys and stays informed of industry trends.
- Evaluates and compares existing company benefits with those of other employers by analyzing other plans, surveys, and other sources of information. Plans, develops, and/or participates in area and industry surveys. Analyzes results of surveys and develops specific recommendations for review by management.
- Develops specifications, options and alternatives for new plans or modifies existing plans to:
- Maintains company's competitive position in labor market, and
- Obtains uniform benefit package for all employees (expatriate and local) and company locations, where possible.
- Develops census data and solicits insurance companies for quotations. Evaluates quotations and makes recommendations to management. Develops company cost information for new plans and makes recommendations to management concerning sharing of cost between employer and employee.
- Implements approved new plans and changes by preparing announcement material, booklets, and other media for communicating new plans to employees. Conducts employee meetings and arranges for enrollment of employees in optional plans. Conducts employee benefit seminars for local personnel. Revises and reissues all communications material on benefits from time to time. Advises and counsels management and employees on existing benefits.
- Assures company compliance with provisions of Employee Retirement Income Security Act. Prepares reports and applications required by law to be filed with federal and state agencies, such as Internal Revenue Service, Department of Labor, insurance commissioners, and other regulatory agencies. Reviews and analyzes changes to state and federal laws pertaining to benefits, and reports necessary or suggested changes to management. Coordinates company benefits, with government sponsored programs.
- Develops benefit information and statistical and census data for insurance carriers, and management.
- Handles benefit, expatriate, relocation and on-boarding inquiries and complaints to ensure quick, equitable, courteous resolution.
- Maintains contact with insurance companies, employees, and beneficiaries to facilitate proper and complete utilization of benefits for all employees.
- Handles maintenance of human resources records. Handles maintenance of enrollment, application, and claims records for all benefit plans.
- Perform other duties and special projects as requested by management.
- Up to three. Currently a Total Rewards Coordinator and a Total Rewards Remuneration Supervisor
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Human Resources or a relevant field.
- Five (5) to ten (10) years progressively responsible experience in Total Rewards.
- Strong computer skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and HRIS systems (ADP/Ultipro/Workday).
- Ultipro and Pay Factors highly preferred
- Strong verbal communication and negotiation skills, customer service skills.
- Ability to multi-task, work in high pressure environment.
- Strong organizational skills and very detail oriented.
- Proactive and solution oriented. Must demonstrate exceptional judgment, discretion and professional courtesy.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, and a high degree of confidentiality.
- Ability to speak Spanish is a plus but not required
If you are interested, please submit your resume in confidence for immediate consideration.