IT Operations Engineer / Linux Systems Engineer
Our client in midtown is seeking an IT Operations/Linux Systems Engineer to join their Ops team. He/she will be responsible for day-to-day administration of the server/network infrastructure and related systems. You'll be highly detail-oriented and comfortable working independently as well as within a team. We're small, nimble, casual (no suits – shoes optional), and passionate about our mission and the projects we create. Since we are self-funded and profitable (no VC's!), we can afford to take the long view, emphasizing quality over expediency in all we do.
The IT Operations Engineer will be required to work from 2:00pm – 9:30pm every other month.
What You’ll Do:
Skills You’ll Need:
- Monitor systems and applications including Linux, Windows, and AWS
- Monitor Prod/Test/Dev environments for failures and ensure smooth operations
- MFT - user/group management, file/permission management
- Work with Hashicorp Tech Stack/TeamCity and Amazon Web Services
- Excellent first-line monitoring and troubleshooting skills with demonstrated experience improving processes to minimize issues
- 3+ years Linux/Windows Server Administration experience
- 2+ years of experience scripting and automating. Some Bash scripting required; Python is a plus.
- A basic understanding of how Job Schedulers work
- Experience with FTP management and troubleshooting
- Understanding of microservices
- Experience with AWS
- Some experience with MSSQL databases
- Strong understanding of IT infrastructure and best practices
- Bachelor's degree required. Any Linux certification is a plus.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees, vendors, and customers
- Able to work independently in a high-pressure environment
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Terraform/Consul/TeamCity/Packer/Vault and automation experience is a plus
- Prior desktop support experience
What We Offer:
- A collaborative environment where everyone's input makes a difference
- Paid time off: Vacation, Personal, Sick days, and Holidays
- Pre-tax commuter benefits (NJT, MTA, etc.) and 401k plan offered
- Full medical insurance coverage
- A bright, open office in Midtown Manhattan near Columbus Circle and steps from Central Park with a great view of Times Square
- The usual drinks and snacks (and we're still small enough to celebrate everyone's birthday with cake!)
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume in confidence for immediate consideration.
Our client began 20 years ago with the goal of becoming the world's most trusted provider of financial information and research derived from the option markets. Today, their data and analytics models are used in over 350 investment banks, hedge funds, asset managers, and academic institutions worldwide.