Lead Site Reliability Engineer (SRE)
Our client is an innovative financial exchange focused on cryptocurrency
and emerging markets. Through its regulated subsidiaries,they operate a physical spot market, a regulated derivatives exchange and an innovative settlement system for institutional trading.
A fast-growing company, they were founded in late 2015 and have since raised over $20 million in venture financing to build out the future of trading. Their founders, having met at MIT, have been highlighted as some of Chicago’s ’20 in Their 20s’.
This is the company you told your friends you were going to start when you got of college.
About the Role
They are looking for Lead SRE to assist with building end-to-end applications for trading cryptocurrencies. We are seeking a smart, driven individual that can help us deliver an institutional experience. We are a high performing team looking for an equally ambitious teammate.
- Must be able to investigate and handle issues in a live production environment to ensure uptime on their own or by escalating to the team for assistance.
- Keep everyone informed about the health and viability of the platform by reporting known issues and status of ongoing investigations.
- Identify and advocate for changes vital to the stability and supportability of the system.
- Mentor and advise teammates to ensure new features are efficient, highly available, and fault tolerant.
- 5+ years of experience as an SRE, devops engineer, operations engineer or similar.
- Expert at Linux system administration and performance tuning.
- Expert at designing and implementing secure and efficient networks.
- Deep experience managing and incorporating IaaS networks (AWS) into hybrid networks.
- Experience with Windows Active Directory and AWS IAM.
- Very comfortable with Python, web applications, and their ecosystems.
- Comfortable with change management and monitoring software, with specific familiarity with Ansible, Zabbix, and Graylog a plus
- Familiarity with the ITIL process.
- Knowledge of cybersecurity mitigation and best practice a big plus.
- Willingness to dive in and assist teammates.
- Relevant experience from an exchange, proprietary trading firm or top tier bank a plus.
- Willingness to participate in the team’s on-call rotation.
- Positive, entrepreneurial attitude.
- Bash/ZSH/Korn Shell
- Experience administrating:
- Java Applications
- Python Applications
- Ruby Applications
- Nginx / Apache
- Oracle / MySQL / Postgres
- Redis / Mongo / ElasticSearch
- Socket Programming
- Physical Networking
- Solid understanding of networking fundamentals
- Active Directory
- Group Policy
We believe that the best way to succeed is by having a happy, motivated and healthy team. We offer the following benefits:
Investing in Our Employees and Broader Community
- Healthcare Insurance: Seed currently covers roughly 75% of employee premiums. By the end of the year, Seed will cover 100% of employee’s premiums and contribute to dependents.
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Maternity & Paternity leave
- Visa sponsorship
- Free Gym
- Life insurance
- Flexible work schedule
They want to have a positive mark on our every employee and our community at large:
If you are considering making a change, please submit your resume in confidence for immediate consideration.
- Regular Team Building Activities: we like to ‘play’ as a team from ping pong competitions, escape rooms, boat trips and drinks on rooftops.
- Continued development and sponsorship of tuition: we invest in our people, paying for specific tuition and conferences as well as ‘study leave’. We have team members preparing for the bar, developers attending conferences and members of our compliance group taking additional qualifications.
- Creating a work environment for all: we think it is important to continuously evaluate our workplace ethos to ensure it is a place everyone wants to work and can thrive in. For example, we have developed unconscious bias training for our hiring team.
- They have created a free transportation for unemployed Chicagoans to assist them in their search for jobs. We also sponsor different projects, including the arts.