Software Engineer - Client-facing Technologies
Our client is an innovative financial exchange focused on cryptocurrency
and emerging markets. Through its regulated subsidiaries,they operate a physical spot market, a regulated derivatives exchange and an innovative settlement system for institutional trading.
A fast-growing company, they were founded in late 2015 and have since raised over $20 million in venture financing to build out the future of trading. Their founders, having met at MIT, have been highlighted as some of Chicago’s ’20 in Their 20s’.
This is the company you told your friends you were going to start when you got of college.
About the Role
Our client is seeking a Full Stack Engineer to assist with building end-to-end applications for trading cryptocurrencies. We are seeking a smart, driven individual that can help us deliver an institutional experience. We are a high performing team looking for an equally ambitious teammate.
- Building performant and trustworthy customer-facing applications.
- Working across the entire stack of an application. From UI interactions to APIs and databases.
- Keeping security at the forefront of every commit.
- Proactively identifying and advocating the need for features, refactoring, and automated tests that are vital to the stability and supportibility of the exchange.
- Staying apprised of technology trends and updating the application suite pragmatically.
- Collaborating with other non-technical teams to define and deliver solutions for customer needs.
- Continuously learn your craft but also the business of a cryptocurrency exchange.
- 0-3 years of experience in software engineering.
- Expert at taking applications and features from inception to delivery.
- Expert at writing maintainable and well tested code.
- Solid understanding of using Git, Github, and continuous integration tools.
- Solid understanding of deploying and hosting web applications.
- Solid understanding of database schema design using SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Comfortable working in a Linux environment.
- Willingness to participate in the team’s on-call rotation and help the exchange support team when necessary.
- TypeScript experience preferred, but not required.
- Relevant experience from an exchange, proprietary trading firm or top tier bank preferred, but not required.
- Familiarity with cryptocurrencies and the underlying technologies strongly preferred, but not required.
- Work in Chicago.
- Entrepreneurial and independent.
- Bonus for experience writing Python.
All employees are guided by the following characteristics and core principles:
- Independence - an ability to work alone. There is no micromanaging here. Join Seed, pitch ideas and shape the work you do. You will be given responsibility from day one.
- Vision - an ability to see the broader picture. We are innovating quickly and challenging the status quo. Seeing where we fit in is critical in making it a reality.
- Positivity - a good attitude and respect for others. We’re teammates, not co-workers.
- Ambition - an ability and a passion for learning and getting things done. We will champion you, challenge you, and push you to achieve your best – and we expect the same in return.
- Empathy - an ability to understand the customer. We do not build products for industry, but with industry. Learn our markets and speak to our end-users.
- Adaptability - an ability to respond quickly. We are in a fast-paced industry and so we expect you to be creative when solving a new problem and comfortable under pressure.
We believe that the best way to succeed is by having a happy, motivated and healthy team. We offer the following benefits:
Investing in Our Employees and Broader Community
- Healthcare Insurance: Seed currently covers roughly 75% of employee premiums. By the end of the year, Seed will cover 100% of employee’s premiums and contribute to dependents.
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Maternity & Paternity leave
- Visa sponsorship
- Free Gym
- Life insurance
- Flexible work schedule
They want to have a positive mark on our every employee and our community at large:
If you are considering making a change, please submit your resume in confidence for immediate consideration.
- Regular Team Building Activities: we like to ‘play’ as a team from ping pong competitions, escape rooms, boat trips and drinks on rooftops.
- Continued development and sponsorship of tuition: we invest in our people, paying for specific tuition and conferences as well as ‘study leave’. We have team members preparing for the bar, developers attending conferences and members of our compliance group taking additional qualifications.
- Creating a work environment for all: we think it is important to continuously evaluate our workplace ethos to ensure it is a place everyone wants to work and can thrive in. For example, we have developed unconscious bias training for our hiring team.
- They have created a free transportation for unemployed Chicagoans to assist them in their search for jobs. We also sponsor different projects, including the arts.