Product Support Team Manager
Our client is the financial industry’s premier provider of quality historical option price data, tools, and analytics. They have engaged us to find a Product Support Team Manager in the midtown Manhattan offices.
They are seeking a Product Support Team Manager who has a passion for leading teams providing best-in-class support and has an affinity for working with data, SQL, and external clients. You will be the primary point of escalation for issues and focus on improving support processes. You'll work alongside a team of exceptionally creative and intelligent individuals, collaborating daily to brainstorm and implement our next generation of data and analytic information products. We're small, nimble, casual (no suits – shoes optional), and passionate about our mission and the projects we create. Since we are self-funded and profitable (no VC's!), we can afford to take the long view, emphasizing quality over expediency in all we do.
What You’ll Do:
Skills You’ll Need:
- Act as primary escalation point for the support team
- Ensure support team is providing best-in-class support
- Develop standard operating procedures for the support team
- Constantly evaluate needs of clients and adjust team processes accordingly
- Investigate complicated data discrepancies using SQL
- Communicate technical details to clients via email or phone
- Correct data discrepancies
- Act as liaison between the support team and all other internal teams
- Train and on-board new support specialist hires
- Determine what improvements can be made to Product and/or QA process in order to provide clients with the highest quality data
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Engineering
- 4 – 6 years' experience with data analysis/QA and customer/product support
- Experience mentoring, training, and leading teams of support personnel
- Proficient in SQL – extensive use throughout career
- Experience with financial market data. Solid understanding of Options preferred.
- General knowledge of software development methodologies, design, and implementation
- Special attention to detail
- Curiosity to investigate and dig into potential data issues
- Experience with ticketing systems (JIRA, HelpSpot, Zendesk, etc.)
- Experience with project management software (JIRA, Trello, etc.)
What They Offer:
- Startup-feel at an established company
- A collaborative environment where everyone's input makes a difference
- Paid time off: Vacation, Personal, Sick days, and Holidays
- Pre-tax commuter benefits (NJT, MTA, etc.) and 401k plan offered
- Full medical insurance coverage
- A bright, open office in Midtown Manhattan near Columbus Circle and steps from Central Park with a great view of Times Square
- The usual drinks and snacks (and we're still small enough to celebrate everyone's birthday with cake!)
They began more than 19 years ago with the goal of becoming the world's most trusted provider of financial information and research derived from the option markets. Today, their data and analytics models are used in over 350 investment banks, hedge funds, asset managers, and academic institutions worldwide.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume in confidence for immediate consideration.