Our client, a $20 billion civil construction firm in Lawrence, NY has engaged us to help find Safety Engineers for their projects in around the greater NYC area.
- Develop and implement site specific Health and Safety Program (HASP), task specific Job Hazard Analysis (JHA), and Tool Box Talks.
- Ensure that all Federal, State and local safety and health regulations are being implemented.
- Conduct daily and weekly safety meeting with the work force and management.
- Oversee the writing and implementation of the HASP and JHA’s.
- Have a working understanding of ISO 14001 & 45001.
- Lead in incident investigation and development of corrective action(s).
- Work within the context of the project team.
- Ability to use Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Implement Emergency Action Plan (EAP).
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Must have at least 1 year of NYC Transit experience, ninety (90) days of ROW work experience that includes Flagging/General Order work.
- Must be an active member of ASSE.
- Must have prior acceptance as either Contractor Safety Engineer (CSE) or Contractor Safety Supervisor (CSS) for MTA or Universal Site Safety Engineer BEDC approval, NYS DOL Asbestos Inspectors License.
- Current C-3 Supervisor / Competent Person Training.
- NYCDOB 40 Hour Site Safety Manager Course Certificate.
- 30 Hour OSHA Certificate.