Our client is an international heavy civil construction firm that specializes in major infrastructure projects. They are part of global construction group, one of the leading infrastructure developers in more than 40 countries. They target large design build bridges, highways, tunnels, rail, transit, and dams of significant size or technical intricacy. They have engaged MEA Strategic Solutions to find a QA Manager.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume in confidence for immediate consideration.
The Quality Manager will be responsible for the Quality Programs for the project.
- Develop a comprehensive quality program manual.
- Give technical support to the job sites in quality and environmental issues.
- Participate in planning of construction operations to ensure work meets the requirements.
- Prepare and execute internal quality audits for the different job sites and branch offices.
- Conduct follow-up meetings for the quality audits.
- Support during the initial phase of a project to identify the contract requirements of the proposals.
- Take active measures to prevent non-conformances/deficiencies from occurring in the projects.
- Responsible for the quality and environmental requirements during the proposal stage.
- Quality assurance of the proposals prepared in the branch office.
- Prepare quality and environmental monthly reports compiling all the information from the jobsites.
- Ensure quality documentation and required records for the projects and branch office are in place.
- In coordination with the quality representatives of each project, assure that all materials, workmanship and construction are in full compliance with the
- Contract plans and specifications
- Other duties as required.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience as a Quality, QC Manager, Project Manager, Project Engineer or Construction Manager on similar size and type of construction projects.
- The individual must have at least five years’ experience as a Quality Manager.
- The individual must be familiar with the requirements of EM 385-1-1, and have experience in the areas of hazard identification, safety compliance, and sustainability.
- This individual must have firsthand knowledge of the TXDOT certification requirements of his/her QC Specialists Staff, of all Testing Technicians and QC Inspectors
- In addition to the above experience and education requirements, the Quality Manager must have completed the course entitled "Construction Quality Management (CQM) for Contractors." If the QC Manager does not have a current certification, they must obtain the CQM for Contractors course certification within 90 days of award. This course is periodically offered.
- Experience in meeting TxDOT Standards and Specifications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Must possess ability to write reports and procedure manuals
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is preferred