Our client is a $20 billion, global construction firm. They have engaged us to find a Payroll Coordinator in the midtown Manhattan offices, reporting to the SVP of Human Resources. This is a fantastic opportunity to be with a secure, growing business with incredible benefits, and growth opportunity.
Performs activities necessary to processing payrolls, including maintaining related records, filing tax reports and voluntary deduction reports, processing involuntary deductions such as levies and garnishments, preparing accounting transactions and documents, documenting and updating procedures, and preparing special reports for management.
- Processes weekly and bi-weekly payroll for multiple locations (USA) using Ultipro payroll software.
- Reviews payroll documentation for accuracy through audit reports and makes any necessary adjustments. Obtains necessary approvals.
- Prints, sorts, and distributes payroll checks to various offices and departments
- Works closely with Human Resources and Accounting on all payroll related issues.
- Ensure weekly and bi-weekly payrolls are processed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Reviews and computes wages, and corrects errors to ensure the accuracy of earnings. Ensure that all changes to payroll are processed correctly.
- Maintain accurate payroll records and employee files
- Works closely with Benefits Assistant to ensure accurate benefit deductions and record keeping.
- Prepare various payroll and management reports, journal entries, workers compensation and reconcile quarterly payroll taxes.
- Will handle garnishments, deductions, and vacation/sick accruals.
- Answers inquiries regarding employment verification. Reconciles payroll bank statements and reviews the accuracy of payroll deductions to payroll output documents.
- Respond to employee inquiries and requests regarding payroll matters.
- Maintains client confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- EEO and VET reporting as needed.
- Perform other duties and special projects as requested by management.
- Bachelors Degree required, Masters degree a plus
- Ultipro experience required
- 4-7 years of experience in a similar position (industry experience is a plus)
- Knowledge and experience with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fluency in Spanish a plus